By Lisa Doctrow
Visit Lexmark’s newly updated Global Citizenship website and you’ll see a redesigned home page along with the latest information about Lexmark’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability initiatives — compiled for the just-released 2015 CSR Report.
In his message on the site, Lexmark Chairman and CEO Paul Rooke states, “While the pace of change at Lexmark has been rapid, our continued commitment to be a thought and action leader in CSR and sustainability has been unwavering.”
Sift through the many pages of the website and you’ll find plenty of evidence supporting that commitment.
Among the highlights of the updated site:
- A new home page that provides easier access to the different areas of the website
- A Sustainability Highlights page that features what’s new in sustainability at Lexmark, such as Lexmark being ranked 9th on CR Magazine’s Top 100 Corporate Citizens list for 2016
- A new Return & Recycle page that showcases the many ways Lexmark works to reduce the company’s footprint. For example, in 2015 approximately 36 percent of the cartridge materials by weight returned to Lexmark were reused; our goal is to increase this to 50 percent by 2018
- An updated Software page focused on software with environmental benefits, such as Lexmark Print Management, Customer Onboarding (banking) and Digital Endcap, all of which reduce paper consumption
- A Data Dashboard containing metrics related to energy, emissions, water, waste and employees
- An updated Key Performance Indicators page that defines the environmental factors that matter the most to Lexmark — such as water, waste recycling and product energy use — and details our goals and progress
While the Global Citizenship website has been updated with the same information contained in the 2015 CSR Report — a downloadable document — the site has also added some 2016 highlights such as product certifications for the color laser printers and MFPs introduced earlier this year.
“Our CSR Report has improved and expanded each year with even more information highlighting Lexmark’s outstanding commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility,” said John Gagel, global senior manager, corporate sustainability.